Apple has released iOS 12.0.1 to the public for iPhone and iPad today. This is the first public bug fix update for iOS 12 and the iPhone XS since it’s release in September.
Some users reported the issue affected older iPhones and even iPads running iOS 12. Apple details five problems with iOS 12 that have been resolved in iOS 12.0.1 according to release notes leaked:
– Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices did not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
– Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz
– Restores the original position of the “.?123″ key on the iPad keyboard
– Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
– Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
Apple already addressed the charging issue in iOS 12.1 beta 2, and today’s iOS 12.0.1 release brings the fix to the public before the larger update to iOS 12 is ready.