Most homes do not have a smart fridge however you don’t have to break the bank to convert your existing fridge into a smart one with FridgeCam. FridgeCam normally costs £149 but is currently on offer for just £49.
FridgeCam is the world’s first wireless camera that can place inside any refrigerator, allowing you to see the contents of your fridge from anywhere via the free Smarter app (available on iOS and Android).
The FridgeCam takes a photo every time you open and close your fridge door and sends it to your smartphone, so you can always see what you need. It has a best before tracker to keep on top of expiry dates and pushes notifications to remind you to consume items before they go bad.
Using Smarter Assist- the FridgeCam will automatically recognise which items have been consumed and put them onto your shopping list. It’s quick and simple to set up and can be up and running within minutes.
• Remote view: View the contents of your fridge from wherever you are via the Smarter app.
• Best Before Tracker: FridgeCam reminds you which items are about to reach their best before date.
• Inventory: Track and see what items you have in your fridge.
• Shopping List: You can add items to your shopping lists, ready for your next shop.
• Setup: Simple and secure device pairing with BlinkUp provides an instant connection in seconds.
• Integration: Connect your FridgeCam with other smart home devices like Amazon Alexa and IFTTT.
• Specifications: Model SPC01, Compatibility iOS SiAndroid, Power SV-2A, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4Ghz compatible, WEP, WPA, WPA2 Encryption, Weight 375g, Power rechargeable battery via USB, Dimensions 100 x lOOx 100 mm (H xWx D).
Steve is a British technology Writer, Editor and Owner of Geeks Corner.