When Apple launched pre-orders of the Homepod, they didn’t provide much information of what services would be compatible with the Homepod, thankfully they have finally updated their site:
- Apple Music—HomePod users can ask Siri to play any of over 45 million songs available on Apple Music. A subscription is required.
- iTunes Music—HomePod users can ask Siri to play any songs, albums or audiobooks purchased from iTunes Store.
- iCloud Music Library—HomePod users can ask Siri to play any songs uploaded to a user’s iCloud Music Library, including songs imported from other sources such as CDs, with an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription.
- Beats 1—HomePod users can ask Siri to play Apple’s official radio station.
- Podcasts—HomePod users can ask Siri to play any podcast episodes from the iTunes podcast directory.
- AirPlay—HomePod users can use AirPlay to play other audio from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV and Mac. AirPlay 2, coming later this year, is only required to stream audio from these sources to multiple HomePods.
The HomePod is scheduled to go on Sale On February 9th.