These days if your phone is lost or stolen you can remotely find, lock or erase your phone easily. To use Find My Device, your lost device must:
To use Find My Device, your lost device must:
- Be turned on
- Be signed in to a Google account
- Be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi
- Be visible on Google Play
- Have Location turned on
- Have Find My Device turned on
1. Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google account.
• If you have more than one device, click the lost device at the top of the screen.
• If your lost device has more than one user profile, sign in with a Google account that’s on the main profile.
2. The lost device gets a notification.
3. On the map, see where the device is.
• The location is approximate and might not be accurate.
• If your device can’t be found, you’ll see its last known location, if available.
4. Pick what you want to do. If needed, first click Enable lock & erase.
You can make your device ring at full volume for 5 minutes, even if it’s set to silent or vibrate.
Lock your device with your PIN, pattern or password. If you don’t have a lock, you can set one. To help someone return your device to you, you can add a message or phone number to the lock screen.
Permanently deletes all data on your device (but might not delete SD cards). After you erase, Find My Device won’t work on the device.
Important: If you find your device after erasing, you’ll likely need your Google account password to use it again.