Titan Krypton Skin
The Titan Skin is the newest review from Tasso’s Tips©® in our ongoing series. Developed by marcelelveidt and mgonzales, MediaPortals Titan beta for Kodi Krypton skin. Ported to Kodi and enriched with lots of features. Clean and easy to use, it’s also very easy on the eyes. In addition, it’s compatible with a keyboard/mouse combo, Controller (Nvidea Shield, etc.) Remote controls (FireTV/Stick).
Installing Titan Krypton Skin
All of our Skin reviews are based on Krypton 17.6. If you have a newly installed version of krypton don’t forget to allow Unknown Sources by ;
- Click Settings (Cog Icon).
- Choose System Settings.
- Select Add-ons.
- Click Unknown Sources.
- A pop-up will appear.
“Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on this device. By allowing, you agree that you are solely responsible for any loss of data, unwanted behavior, or damage to your device. Proceed?”
From the Kodi Home page:
- Photo A, Select the Cog Icon.
- Then click on Interface settings as indicated in Photo B.
- In Photo C, hover the cursor over Skin (step 1).
- Slide the cursor to the right and click on Skin (step 2).
- In Photo D, select get more… to load more skins.
Scroll down to Titan BETA for Kodi Krypton and select to install.
After the installation is complete, you will be asked to keep the change. Click on Yes. Take note there is a timer as shown above, if you allow it to reach the end you may have to start the install process again.
Titan Home Page
The next two screens will only appear during the Initial Install only. To proceed to the next screen, use the next/back button on remote/controller, ESC key on keyboard or right click on mouse.
Videos, Music, Pictures, Programs.
The following Screenshots are examples of the Titan Krypton Home page. Below each menu, you will see a list of sub-menus. Starting from the top left and moving Clockwise:
- 10 day forecast.
- Save my color customization.
- Update Library.
- Thumbs – Shows thumbnails of albums fanart, etc.
- Add-ons- Music add-ons.
- Roles- Artist, Composer, Conductor.
- Party Mode- when enabled, it allows you to play your list of music files on a continuous basis. In addition, you will also notice the Lyrics will also appear. To find out more on Lyrics, click Here.
- Add-ons- Picture add-ons installed.
Weather, Favorites, Search, Settings.
From the top left and moving clockwise:
- Photo B is the Menu as it appears before opening the sub-menu. Unlike the others, the weather sub-menu is located above the main Menu.
- Photo A is an indication of what you may see depending on what city you have chose. I happen to have Belfast. Toggle the up or down directional arrows on a keyboard or move the cursor up or down to enter/exit the sub-menu.
- Any favorites you may have saved in Kodi will appear here in the Titan Skin.
- Search function used for internal searches on kodi.
- This list has all the Sub-menus found in the Settings Page and are basically a short cut to access these links.
- Set Custom Tile image.
- Screenshot of Color Theme.
- File Manager.
- System Information.
To Exit Kodi, you may simply select the Shutdown menu. However there are options available:
- Reload Skin.
To access File Manager in Titan Krypton, go to Settings in the Home Page.
- Then select File Manager from the sub-menu.
- Consequently, you will next see a screen like Photo A. Scroll down to and click Add source to continue.
- A new screen will now ask you to enter the file source. As shown in Photo B, click None to continue.
Enter the URL Source using the supplied keyboard as shown above. When ready, click OK. Repeat when asked to Name the source.
To access My Add-ons, click on System in the Home Page. Then select Add-ons.
Finally, the Add-on Browser is now available for you.
The Titan Krypton skin is one of my favorites. Uncluttered and easy to use on any device that I have it enabled on. But only if you try this skin out will you know if it’s for you. For more articles on a wide assortment of topics, don’t forget to visit geekscorner.